Record: 7 mThe monument to the Soldier-Red Guard stands on the Fortress Hill and is the most recognizable symbol of the city. It was installed in 1976 in honor of the liberation of the city from the White Guards. Several times Stavropol passed into the hands of the White Guards to the Red Guards, but the latter finally seized power in 1920. It is under this name that the monument is known among the people, it is a sculpture of a soldier with a rifle in his hands, the total height of the monument is seven and a half meters. A bronze Red Guardsman with a rifle on his shoulder, mounted on the Fortress Hill on the observation deck from where a beautiful view of the city opens.